[mythtv-users] Re: UK DVB woes / Dealing with duplicate channels

Clive at Rational clive at rational-communications.com
Fri Dec 31 12:15:08 UTC 2004

> Happy (almost) New Year everyone ;-)
>

> Trying to get my mythtv box ready for the new year
> after a month of pain -
> but my DVB card is causing me some major woe ...

<< cut >>

> ii) The duplicate channels in the mythweb listings
> seems odd, especially
> when it seems that mythfilldatabase runs for hours
> getting the same things
> over and over for each input (I have the DVB card
> getting all BBC/ITV
> channels, the analogue antenna getting BBC1/2, ITV1,
> CH4 and CH5, and then
> manually add the channels for the NTL digital cable
> box for the comp input

<< cut >>

Nikc or anyone

Is this "looping" of XMLTV download in UK from Radio
Times site expected behaviour?

I left mythfilldatabase running for 10 minutes and the
same steps were being executed every 15 seconds plus
lots of error messages (see separate posting for
mythfilldatabase looping) so I canned the download. I
have tried this donwload about 5 times with exactly
same response.

I received no comments on my posting so I guess you
are the only other person to experience this.

What is an "acceptable" time for this download? One
hour, ten hours?

What do the prompts for "Enter channel name or '.' "
mean? I have randomly entered "BBC1" then "0" zero
then period '.' (maybe thats Mythsetup - don't have
access at the moment)

Sorry no solutions just shared pain.

Clive