[mythtv-users] ripping dvds of tv series (sopranos, alias, etc)

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 14:00:33 UTC 2004

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 00:45:41 -0600, Peter Buelow <pete at putzin.net> wrote:

> Can anyone offer a suggestion as to a way to combine two seperate drives
> to manage my space? No raid, the machine is running and the first video
> drive is being used for recordings.  I just want to add one without a
> significant extra amount of effort.

Pete,

you should be able to set up LVM to share a directory over two or more
drives.  this will require a bit of data ballet since you will have to
repartition (?) your current drive with LVM.
i do remember seeing a tutorial on setting up LVM and it didn't look
too terribly difficult, but i can't find it at the moment.  i'm
guessing Google: LVM MythTV will pull something up...