[mythtv-users] Jarod's Guide / atRPMs general questions

Maarten mythtv at ultratux.org
Fri Dec 31 15:35:22 UTC 2004

On Thursday 30 December 2004 23:33, Dan wolf wrote:
> As far as security goes, I dont think you need to worry about that.
> With Linux behind a router/firewall you are almost invincible.

Uh-huh.
"You have an armored, bulletproof car with six airbags. You're invincible."

Watch what happens to you when you collide with a high speed train...

In other words, your statement is both untrue and promotes carelessness.
If you tell people that, they will start launching random .pl files from their
mailclients, install phpBB everywhere and download their OS updates from
elhacker.net.

Never ever consider yourself 100% safe is my advice.

Maarten

--
Linux: Because rebooting is for adding hardware.