[mythtv-users] sleep & wakeup

Michael Schmidt crashedpixels at gmx.de
Sun Feb 1 10:02:19 EST 2004

> > I also noticed that. And since the shutdown button is gone it's my
> > prefered way to shutdown. I still have one problem though:
> > How do you make your box shutdown again after it came alive for a
> > recording?
>
> What about a 'Disconnect from backend'-button on the
> stop-frontend-page? That way you are still in the frontend,
> which will reconnect when ask for it (in time), and the
> backend can schedule a shutdown as normal.
I don't know if I understood you correctly. Right now I just quit my
frontend and after being idle for 15 seconds the backend will initiate the
shutdown. Instead of quitting the frontend you propose a button that justs
disconnects the frontend, right? So we wouldn't have to stare at an empty
X-Desktop until the box shuts down. Yes, that would be nice. Can this be
done just by hacking the theme files?

Rock on,

  Michael