[mythtv-users] stuttering sound

Paul Koster mythtv at kosteronline.net
Sun Feb 1 10:27:09 EST 2004

Without changing much to my Myth box except some testing with other
videocards and minor upgrade of MythTV cvs I now suffer from the fact that
audio of Live TV and previous recordings stutters.

Some basic info:
The sound is okay the first 1 to 2 seconds and then stutters, repeating in
small blocks, etc.
It seems a bit CPU load related, but it even happens when 50% idle.
It only happens in MythTV and not if I play the same recording using
MPlayer.
I have a via ac97 sound chip onboard and use OSS with /dev/dsp .
Also tried MythTV 0.13, but that gave the same result. (now compiling a
non-cvs 0.14 to try, but don't expect the behavior to be different)

Clearly something is messed up on my system, but since everything plays with
MPlayer but not with MythTV, I have no clue where to look at. Maybe somebody
on this mailinglist has an idea?

--
Paul