[mythtv-users] Myth and PVR350-what do I need?

Doug Graham djgrah at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 1 14:01:03 EST 2004

Forgive me if I'm asking something that is readily available elsewhere, I
have spent the last three days looking for some straight answers but have
ended up more confused than ever.
Currently I have a linux box running Suse 8.2 (kernel 2.4.20-4GB) acting as
a firewall and router. I have also got a PVR 350 (currently in a windows
box) and want to get myth up ad running on linux.
Having spent a lot of time looking about for information I have come to the
follwing conclusions:
**I need to use V4L2
**(To do this I also need at least Kernel version 2.4.22 for the V4l2
patches to work hence I need to download and recompile a new kernel (or at
least patch)
**I then need to install Ivtv
**Then install MythTV with all the necessary bits to make the IR work
etc....

Is the above correct or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Any advice from anybody who uses the PVR350 on Suse would be greatly
appreciated!
Thanks,
Doug