[mythtv-users] skip ahead skips back the first time pressed, mythtv 0.14

malcolm-mythtv mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Sun Feb 1 17:41:11 EST 2004

On Sunday 01 February 2004 04:09 pm, Torsten Schenkel wrote:
> Am So, den 01.02.2004 schrieb malcolm-mythtv um 22:14:
> > I just upgraded to mythtv 0.14 today (using ivtv 0.1.9 with a pvr-250 and
> > a pvr-350).
> >
> > I was watching TV about a minute or two behind real time and then I
> > pressed the right arrow key.  It jumped back instead of forward.  I
> > pressed the right arrow a few more times and it jumped forward these
> > times.  A while later I tried again and the same thing happened.  First
> > press jumped back and subsequent presses went forward.
> >
> > Then later while watching TV at real time (well about 1 to 3 sec lag) I
> > pressed the right arrow key to try and skip forward.  At that point it
> > jumped back about 30 seconds and the OSD showed %full as 101.95% and
> > would not allow me to pause.  Yet the line above shows I'm only about 3
> > to 5 seconds behind real time.  It also won't allow me to skip back or
> > forward at this point. Exiting the frontend and going back in fixes it.
> >
> > I'll point out I only noticed this behavior after watching TV for a
> > while.  As soon as you start watching TV the skip ahead works fine.
> > Leave it running awhile and you get what I described above.
>
> Ah no, is this broken again?
>
> You're using the pvr350's decoder in PAL?
>
> That's a bug that was fixed a while ago after it has finally been hunted
> down to the keyframe distance being hardcoded to NTSC standard. Since
> the PVR output calculates the position in the stream from this number it
> would be of by about 1/5th for PAL. That is 1/5 of the time after the
> last seek.
>
> Search the archives for the last thread. It was something along the
> lines of "Wrong time in OSD" or similar.
>
> Since when do you use mythtv with the pvr350? Did you notice it with
> prior versions? Did you change anything related to the drivers?
>
> Make sure you are using the right PAL options!
>
> options ivtv ivtv_debug=1 ivtv_pal=1
> options saa7127 enable_output=1 output_select=0 pal=1
>
> HTH,
>
> Torsten

Torsten,

I'm not using PAL.  I'm in the USA and using NTSC.  Prior to upgrading to
Mythtv 0.14 I was on 0.13 and I didn't notice the skip back error while using
my PVR-350.  I only had my PVR-350 TV out working for about 1 day with 0.13
so I may have just missed it but I don't think so.  The only thing I did was
upgrade to 0.14 and update the few modules I use and I noticed that error
almost right away after upgrading.

Just FYI here's how I insert my modules.
insmod ivtv (no options)
insmod saa7127 enable_output=1 output_select=1

Thanks
Malcolm