[mythtv-users] Can't get IVTV-KMDL installed on RH92.4.20-28_36.rh9.at

A Listman listman1 at baysidenetworks.com
Sun Feb 1 18:45:59 EST 2004

Hello All,

I am still hitting the strictdep-kernel-athlon problem (example below).
 What does this message mean?   I seem to be unble to get IVTV loaded
because of it.   I am indeed using an Athon chip.  That should work,
right?

Here is what happens,

[root at jupiter admin]# export MYKERNEL=`uname -r`
[root at jupiter admin]# apt-get install ivtv-kmdl-$MYKERNEL
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely
that
that package should be filed.

  ivtv-kmdl-2.4.20-28_36.rh9.at: Depends: strictdep-kernel-athlon (=
2.4.20-28_36.rh9.at)
E: Broken packages
[root at jupiter admin]#

Chris

>>> scott-mythtv at riskboys.com 2/1/2004 11:18:01 AM >>>
>From http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/

apt-get install rpm-build
wget \
http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/dist/common/ivtv-firmware/ivtv-firmware-17_21288-1.at.src.rpm

rpmbuild --rebuild ivtv-firmware-17_21288-1.at.src.rpm
rpm -Uvh
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/ivtv-firmware-17_21288-1.at.i386.rpm

Now install the actual ivtv driver components:

export MYKERNEL=`uname -r`
apt-get install ivtv-kmdl-$MYKERNEL
apt-get install ivtv