[mythtv-users] dvd9to5.pl available. was: Burning DVD from ripped vob files

Tony Clark tclark at telia.com
Sun Feb 1 20:00:16 EST 2004

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 12:43 am, Jason Cooper wrote:
> Tony Clark (tclark at telia.com) scribbled:
> [snip]
>
> > Here's my bash script that does the job pretty well.  Could use a little
> > polish.
> >
> > tony
>
> Damn, that's why I love OSS.  You solved a lot of the problems I was
> having with my script.  Obviously, my bash skills are rudimentary at
> best (my perl ain't much better :) ).  If you don't mind, I'll try to
> incorporate some of your ideas into the perl script.  I wanted to add
> better title and audio track detection as well as a few other things.

I guess this could be considered on topic as it might help someone with
mythdvd later on :)

> You wouldn't happen to know how to grab the dts audio stream, would you?
> tcextract seems to have a little trouble with it.

I see this was just implemented in the latest transcode cvs. :)

> Also, how well does tccat from dvd to tcextract work under load?  I
> chose to rip to a file, then extract so the extraction would be more
> stable, but If I can skip that, it'll lower the space requirements.

They work fine.  My only problem tents to be starting other applications is
rather slow due to lack of ide bandwidth.  MB specific I suspect.

> If you don't mind, I'm going to send you a copy of my perl script
> off-list.  If you could look it over I'd appreciate it.

Got it.