[mythtv-users] XBOX Myth & FOCUS Video Chip

Duane Ellis duane at franklin.com
Sun Feb 1 21:32:32 EST 2004

Dennis - if you are out there I could use some help.

Otherwise - if somebody else has some suggestions Please - offer them.
I'm not getting anywhere.

I have a xbox 1.5 with the focus video chip, I have done a software
mod (mechinstaller) that's not a problem.

With myth-box 1.3 - text boot mode screen is unreadable

With MechInstaller emergency linux - text mode screen is unreadable.

With Eds debian vrs 1.whatever - text mode screen is *readable* but
oversized (cut off on the edges)

By unreadable, I mean there appears to be no Horz/Vert hold, the
screen flips around and jumps constantly.

I believe I have xbox-myth installed correctly - basically doing it
semi-blind via the emergency linux hack.

Every custom kernel I've built - has the same bad horz/vert video
problem and crashes during boot up - because of the bad horz/vert
video problem I cannot read what has gone wrong to debug it.

Suggestions?

-Duane.