[mythtv-users] (no subject)

Andy Delgado delgado at apollos-dev.com
Mon Feb 2 08:29:47 EST 2004

Hello all,

I am working with a new configuration and have run into a problem.

Hardware:

ABit VA-10 Motherboard (S3 UniChrome Integrated VGA)

512 MB RAM

Athlon 2500 XP+

10 GB IDE HD (/boot, /, & swap)

40 GB IDE HD (/mythdata)

Sony DVD -/+ RW

Software:

(Installed from Jarod's HOWTO...AWESOME!!!) Fedora Core 1 Kernel
2.4.22-1.2163.nptl_34.rhfc1.at mythtv-suite-0.13-36.rhfc1.at.i386.rpm

If I use the default "vesa" driver in X, I get sync issues with the video.
If I install an NVidia GE4, All is well. What I want to do is use the
Integrated S3 UniChrome, but when I install the driver from VIA's site,
(which requires some creativity - the drivers are binaries and expect me to
use RH9...anyway) X looks great, beautiful colors, games look good... Any
video thru mplayer (including live TV) comes up as a green screen.

Does anyone have any ideas? Is there a better S3 UniChrome driver?

Thanks a million,

Andy Delgado

---