[mythtv-users] Hauppauge Media MVP as frontend?

Jim Chandler jim at n0vh.org
Mon Feb 2 15:54:50 EST 2004

I have two of these and they work great along with MythTv.  You must have
a Windows 2000/XP box to run them however.  In the future, this may change
and there are hacks in progress.

What I did:

1.  Installed the MediaMVPs per the instructions on my wife's 2000 box
(the only Windows box in the house).
2.  Shared the MythTV video, picture and music directories via Samba.
3.  Modified a script to create a symbolic link to the nuv files and show
them as mpeg.  (I have PVR-250s for recording).
4.  Configured the MediaMVP server to look for the files on the Samba
share.
5.  Watch the content off the MythBox!

They work great!!!  Not all the functionality of a Myth frontend, but good
enough for the kids and our bedroom.  Bonus is that the kids can't delete
programs etc. by accident!!

Jim

--
Jim