Fw: [mythtv-users] is playing a DVD supposed to peg the CPUwith aPVR-350?

malcolm-mythtv mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Mon Feb 2 22:51:14 EST 2004

On Monday 02 February 2004 12:43 pm, Malcolm wrote:
> [...]

I've been doing some more testing and I found this:
Running mythfrontend on the PC monitor will playback a DVD (via the DVD module
using Xine) with my CPU sitting around 50 to 60% idle.  This is great.  I
have smooth good  looking video and good sound.

However.  When I run mythfrontend on the PVR-350 TV out playing back a DVD
causes X to peg the CPU to 100% and cause jerky video and jittery sound.

What's the cause of this and is this a configuration issue I can fix?

Thanks
Malcolm