[mythtv-users] Re: Problem with MythTv 0.14 and bttv 0.9.12 (or kernel 2.6.1)!

gkanis at cems.umn.edu gkanis at cems.umn.edu
Tue Feb 3 01:20:29 EST 2004

Ok,
let me answer some of your questions. I have to admit that I do not know the
answer to many of your questions.

dmesg gives this:
bttv0: skipped frame. no signal? high irq latency?
[main=d519000,o_vbi=ad1d000,o_field=d519020,rc=ad1d01c]

The above messge is repeated for about 20 times and then dmesg gives
bttv0: timeout: irq=398675/398691, risc=0ad1c07c, bits: HSYNC OFLOW FDSR
bttv0: reset, reinitialize
bttv0: PLL can sleep, using XTAL (28636363).
init_special_inode: bogus i_mode (71164)
init_special_inode: bogus i_mode (75444)

I thought that in previous versions of MythTv (0.13) I was able to use mouse.
However, there have been a couple of months since the last time, so you know
better :-)

About the image and that sometimes it is dark.
Capture Card: Ati Wonder VE
video output device: no idea?
xv picture controls enabled: no idea?

Watching LiveTv uses 50% of the CPU capacity.
I recorded a movie and transcode used 60% of CPU capacity (but I think that
this is normal).

It seems to me that I was not very helpfull. With some guidance, I can however
provide all the informations that you need.

Thank you,
Vasilis