[mythtv-users] mythmusic with fedora/redhat

Ethan McDonald emcdonald at ionstorm.com
Tue Feb 3 12:03:56 EST 2004

I've experienced that before it's smoothed out now...
It appear whenever I started or near to when I started the mythfrontend the
mythtranscoder would startup.
The transcoder was acting like a pig especially when I tried to "Watch TV"
that's when I would lock up.
Some time if I waited the transcoder would finish doing whatever and unlock.

Next time try hitting CTRL+ESC and look for the mythtranscoder in your
process.
You can kill the process in bash while under super user mode type "kill" and
the process id.
Password: ******
>kill 3405

-Ethan