[mythtv-users] Watching recordings in progress

Jason Gillis jgillis at acm.org
Tue Feb 3 14:17:55 EST 2004

I wanted to drop a note to indicate that this issue is half resolved.  I had
tried using the latest CVS from last week (1/28, I believe) and the
recording in progress stopping problem has gone away.  That status is still
the same in .14, too, so I'm happy on that front.

In cases where recordings fail for some reason (haven't figured out why
things fail, and it's pretty rare now), deleting the partial programs still
causes problems.  It seems like the backend gets hung up somewhere.  I'm
going to spend some time trying to figure out if I can reproduce the problem
and get to the bottom of it.

Jason

Jason G. wrote:
>>>     So, my first question is:  Is this supposed to happen?
>>
>> No. I do that all the time, and I've never had a recording up and
>> stop. Skipping forward gets tedious just after the program stops
>> recording and commercial flagging starts, but no, what you saw
>> shouldn't happen.
>>
>>> (I imagine I'm supposed to
>>> be able to watch (from the beginning) something that's being
>>> recorded, and
>>> that the NFS setup I'm using is borking things up.)
>>
>> No clue. I don't use an NFS setup, but I believe plenty of folks do,
>> and I've never heard of that happening... Try it again, see if you
>> can make it happen again, perhaps it was a one-time fluke.
>
> Bummer, because it's completely repeatable!  :(
>
> I see the following messages on the frontend:
> ----
> 2004-01-28 22:04:42 Connecting to backend server: 172.16.0.9:6543
> (try 1 of 5)
> Error loading image file:

/usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/default/1012_20040128220000_20040128223000.nu