[mythtv-users] GUI Screen size too big.

Jim Hribnak jim at hribnak.com
Tue Feb 3 15:23:00 EST 2004

I have finally hooked my my frontend/backend to my 61" tv, when I get into
the GUI its larger than the screen (even Xwindows is slightly larger as
well, I only see half of the menu bar at the bottom)  I am using RH9, I have
mythtv .14 and ivtv 0.1.9

I played around with the sizes in Appearances but some areas the buttons
still are either half visible or not visible at all. even tweaked X and Y  I
get it sort of usable but is it necessary to have to tweak these settings
for your tv?

I have tried running Xwindows in 640x480, 720x480, and it always looks the
same..  I am not at home and do not have access to my Xconfig file.  WHen I
was running on the 19" monitor everything looked perfect.

ANy ideas on what I should look at and change?

Jim