[mythtv-users] DVB Channel.conf Import (WAS: BBC THREE/FOUR)

Malcolm Smith malc at porsche.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 4 11:37:15 EST 2004

Kenneth,

Many thanks.

General appeal to better PERL coders than I...  Improvements required:
 1. The scripts tries to find a match between the channel name in
channels.conf and the channels table. If it can't it asks for search
terms. (e.g. tv_grab_uk_rt grabs BBC 3 but the channels.conf name is
THREE.  The question handling is poor ... would be a lot tidier if...
 2. The location of channels.conf is hard coded
 3.  The options for satellite vs terrestrial are not handled on the
command line
 4.  It has a "simulate" variable this should be driven from the command
line
 5.  Satellite handling is basic as yet.

Any input gratefully received.

-malc-