[mythtv-users] Protocol Versions?

Mike Wood mike at woodsnest.com
Wed Feb 4 16:37:49 EST 2004

Hey gang, I upgraded everything to CVS as of last night and now my MythWeb isn't working.  After I enter my username & password for my site, I get a page that says this:

   User Notice at /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/mythbackend.php, line 119:
   Incompatible protocol version (mythweb=1, backend=2)

   Fatal Error at /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/mythbackend.php, line 17:
   Unable to connect to mythbackend, is it running?

   The system administrator has been notified and the problem will be remedied shortly.

When I look at the backend log, I see this message:

   MainServer::HandleVersion - Client speaks protocol version 1 but we speak 2!

My Backend is definitely running.  So what is this protocol version?  If I updated everything at the same time last night, how did I end up with 2 different protocol versions?

I'm sure this is something silly & easy, so I apologize ahead of time for having to ask, but I just don't know what this is or how it happened.  I've never run into this in my previous updates.

Thanks, Mike