[mythtv-users] Changing filesystems?

Jeff mythtv at maniclogic.org
Wed Feb 4 23:56:48 EST 2004

All,

Got a question hopefully someone can answer.  Since upgrading to 14, it seems
that whenever I delete a recording it takes *FOREVER* to delete it and come
back to the UI.  This seems to be especially bad when the backend is recording
and commflag'ing at the same time as the delete.

I've got reiserfs on my LVM where I store my recordings and I'm assuming that
all that time to delete is because of the huge number of inodes used for big
files.

Other particulars: there are two drives, 60G and 120G of which the LVM has
space on both; both are on one IDE channel (probably a bad thing); and the
journaling (or something) seems to be just eating up available space.

The question is: how can I change the reiserfs to a ext3 fs to take advantage
of the largefile inode support or will this make any difference at all.

TIA