[mythtv-users] Red Hat Linux 8.0 and 7.3 (was: rpms for mythtv 0.14)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Thu Feb 5 02:35:42 EST 2004

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 02:23:49PM +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:
> o RH8.0 and RH7.3 have not yet been fully built for 0.14 (only the
>   main components). You need to get qt32 from bleeding to get them
>   running. Please be aware of consequence "bleeding" may have on your
>   system. Please report about how well or bad qt32 performs on these
>   systems.

Now RH8.0 and RH7.3 have been fully built. They require a qt larger or
equal than 3.1, which is not shipped by Red Hat. ATrpms does have a
backported qt in the "bleeding" section (and I would be interested to
know, if that works well on your system, some positive reports have
already been made), but I recommend to go with the experts and check
out the qt shipped with kde-redhat.

kde-redhat is automatically activated in the latest ATrpms package
configs. I know there have been some problems with the redhat-artwork
package from kde-redhat, but it should be solvable with apt-get
dist-upgrade.

Enjoy!
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de