[mythtv-users] Willing to pay for better listings?? - US

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Thu Feb 5 11:29:40 EST 2004

Quoting "Jarod C. Wilson" <jcw at wilsonet.com>:

> Ah, I'd forgotten about that. Having that information (and being able to take
>
> advantage of it) would make me more inclined to go for such a service. For
> repeats, I'd want to see the original airdate as well.
I would love those, and I would also pay for better accuracy.

Zap2It is horribly inaccurate sometimes.  For example, this week it stated that
Navy NCIS was on at its normal time on Tuesday.

Instead I got a recording of Survivor All-Stars.  (Admittedly NO TV listings
sources I found correctly indicated NCIS as being on in the next timeslot, but
about 3/4 of the listings sources I checked, such as Yahoo's listings, DID show
that NCIS was replaced by Survivor at 8 PM.)

As far as first-run/repeat info, it would be interesting to try matching the
episode name with data from another database (I wonder if there's any easy way
to access tvtome's data?  Or maybe epguides.com?)