[mythtv-users] Consequences of splitting cable input for multiple tuners

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Thu Feb 5 16:39:05 EST 2004

Quoting Tim Gray <timgray.geo at yahoo.com>:

> hate to burst your bubble...
>
> Radioshack Antenna and Cable products are re-labeled
> Channel Master products.
>
> you can find the EXACT same items from RS in the
> Channel Master line setting next to each other they
> are identical.  CM has more to choose from but are
> also low-end.
Show me one RS part number that is identical to the CM catalog.

RS 15-1197 "Bidirectional CATV amplifier for up to 4 TVs" - Not even remotely
similar physically to Channel Master's closest offering, the 3044.  The specs
(whatever specs RS actually publishes - note the total lack of a published noise
figure spec.  Trust me, in my experience and others on avsforum.com, there is a
reason RS doesn't publish NF specs.)  If RS products ever seem to match another
brand (in the CATV/OTA amplifier arena at least), it's Gemini, another cheapo
brand to avoid.

Same for the 1195 - no match whatsoever to the 3042

RS inline amp - Again, no match.

And I have never seen any of the Spartan or Titan series amps on Radio Shack's
website, in their catalog, or on their shelves.  And I can tell you from
personal experience that the Spartan attached to my antenna is *far* better than
the last preamp that was attached to it, which was one of Radio Shack's best units.