[mythtv-users] Changing filesystems?

Blues Guy bluesguy_1 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 21:50:42 EST 2004

--- "Joseph A. Caputo" <jcaputo1 at comcast.net> wrote:
> On Thursday 05 February 2004 11:35, David Brieck Jr.
> wrote:
> > Jeff wrote:
> > > Thanks for the replies - sadly that was the
> answer I suspected.
> > > Perhaps an ignorant question but can LVM use XFS
> as the file
> > > system?  I really like the ability to add on
> space easily.
> >
> > I use XFS and LVM, however I was unable to resize.
> I'm not sure if I
> > was doing something wrong or not, but I got the
> impression that you
> > couldn't use the advanced resizing features of LVM
> with XFS.

I don't use XFS, but it does have tools for this.
>From xfsprogs in Axel's repository:

[root at mythbox root]# rpm -ql
xfsprogs-2.6.2-0_7.rhfc1.at

/lib
/lib/libhandle.so.1
/lib/libhandle.so.1.0.2
/sbin
/sbin/fsck.xfs
/sbin/mkfs.xfs
/sbin/xfs_repair
/usr/sbin
/usr/sbin/xfs_admin
/usr/sbin/xfs_bmap
/usr/sbin/xfs_check
/usr/sbin/xfs_copy
/usr/sbin/xfs_db
/usr/sbin/xfs_freeze
/usr/sbin/xfs_growfs
/usr/sbin/xfs_info
/usr/sbin/xfs_io
/usr/sbin/xfs_logprint
/usr/sbin/xfs_mkfile
/usr/sbin/xfs_ncheck
/usr/sbin/xfs_rtcp
<snip>

xfs_growfs is the tool for what you're talking about...