Fwd: [mythtv-users] native lirc still not working in Myth - works on command line.

malcolm-mythtv mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Thu Feb 5 23:10:59 EST 2004

On Thursday 05 February 2004 08:10 pm, DanM wrote:
> malcome, make sure that 1) you don't have irxevent started as that will
> lock lircd.  The other thing is make sure you have a version of the
> .lircrc file in your ~/.mythtv/ directory and call that file lircrc (No
> ".")  In that file, change "prog = irxevent" to "prog = mythtv"  Give that
> a shot and reply back if that doesn't work.
>
> -dan

Dan,

Thanks for taking the time to help but everything you mentioned is already
that way.  I'm running mythbackend and frontend as root so as root user:
ls -l ~/.mythtv/lircrc
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root         3291 Feb  4 19:51 /root/.mythtv/lircrc

Attached to this email is a copy of my ~/.mythtv/lircrc incase there's
something wrong with it.  It already had "prog = mythtv" in it.  It's the
sample file that comes with MythTV.

ps -ef|grep irx (comes back with nothing.  irxevent is not running.)

Where should I look from here?

Thanks
Malcolm