[mythtv-users] Deleting commercials and transcoding

malcolm-mythtv mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Thu Feb 5 23:25:27 EST 2004

On Thursday 05 February 2004 09:55 pm, Robert Kulagowski wrote:
> These are MythTV features.

That sounds good.  I tried playing around with it some to figure it out.
keys.txt leaves a lot to the imagination.  I assume to edit commercials out
of a file you go to "watch recordings" and then select a recording?  Then
when it's playing hit "m" which brings up a progress bar at the bottom of the
screen.  I then hit Z to load the commercial list.  From there it gets kinda
iffy and I'm not sure what more to do?

Also since I record with a pvr-250 card can commercials be cut out of the
mpeg2 file without having to re-transcode?

Thanks
Malcolm