[mythtv-users] Crash on "use video as timebase"

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Fri Feb 6 02:48:17 EST 2004

I updated to 0.14 (gentoo ebuilds) to use this option (display video at
static rate and scale audio), to see if it fixes my wierd buffer underruns
(the dreaded "prebuffering audio data"). But this option crashes MythTV :-(

I have been able to watch something, but it either freezes the screen
quickly, or when you change channels it will freeze. Alt+F4 will stop the
graphical part of mythfrontend, but I will still need to kill the other
mythfrontend thread.

I use a Cinergy 600 (saa7134 based) with the internal OSS device, so I need
to grab audio at 32000Hz. This might be related, but "shouldn't".

Anybody knows a fix?

	Henk Poley <><