[mythtv-users] Z key (commercial skip) behavior in 0.14

Alan Snyder ax763 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 6 10:52:02 EST 2004

> Chris Pinkham wrote:
>
> >I don't know what you're talking about here.  With Skip set
> to notify,
> >a box will pop up whenever a commercial start marker is
> encountered.
> >This has nothing to do with the unflagged commercials or
> this thread.
> >When the box pops up, you can ignore it and nothing will
> happen or you
> >can hit Z if you want and skip the commercial(s).  ESC just
> makes the
> >box go away quicker. This functionality has not changed.
> The change in
> >0.14 only had to do with disabling skipping commercials before they
> >have been flagged because the real-time commercial detection
> isn't as
> >good as the commercial flagging thread so a lot of people don't even
> >want to try to skip if commercials haven't been flagged yet.
> >

> Something with the auto skipping of marked commercials was changed in
> 14.  If I mark any cut points while watching a recording the only way
> to skip commercials and or cut points is to bring up the
> editor and exit
> again while in the section that *should* have been skipped

Same thing here.  The old behavior was exactly as Chris described.  The new
behavior is that Z enters edit mode as before, but Z again goes back to the
*beginning* of the cut section, while Esc goes to the end if your present
position is between the cut points.  With the old behavior, even before the
commercial notify box came up, I could press Z Z to verify then skip.  With
the new behavior, you need to wait until you're at or past the first cut
point, then press Z Esc.