[mythtv-users] Problem with lirc - Please help !!!

Emmanuel Hislen hislen at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 6 11:40:45 EST 2004

This happened to me because I rebooted my machine when I should not have,
following Jarod's guide.

The ivtv modules do not get loaded by default, and they are required to be
able to use lirc with the Hauppauge (indeed the IR receiver is on the
capture card :-).

So for me it was as simple as:

do lsmod to make sure ivtv is here, if not modprobe it.

Then irw woked.

Emmanuel.