[mythtv-users] Question about NVidia Geforce MX

Matt Beckstrom mbeckstr at mtlib.org
Fri Feb 6 20:48:48 EST 2004

I purchased an NVidia geforce2 MX card for the video out on my Myth box.
 It is brand new and has only seen about a week of use.  I got my Myth
box home and hooked it up to the tv using the s-video cable, and I have
two problems:

1.  After about 5 minutes of use, the colors on the screen start to
pulse and change.  The longer I leave it on, the worse the colors
become.  Eventually, half the screen is black and white and the other
half is violently pulsing colors.  I have noticed that the fan on the
video card is really loud.  I don't know if that is new or if it was
always making that noise.  (When I installed the card, I was in a noisy
computer room).  Is my video card bad or is it overheating?

2.  when I am watching live tv or recorded tv, There is a noticable
black space at the top of the screen.  How do I get rid of that?

Thanks.

matt...