[mythtv-users] PVR350 video out very slow (Nvidia way better)

Emmanuel Hislen hislen at mindspring.com
Sat Feb 7 03:15:47 EST 2004

All right, it's working now!

Thanks to all who replied and helped!!

video16 not being a character buffer was the issue.

At first I thought it did not change anything because the dd test was
still failing. But browsing the ivtv archives I found out the dd test
cannot work without the "ivtvfbctl /dev/fb0 -noglobalalpha -localalpha"
business because otherwise the framebuffer was kind of hiding the video
from /dev/video16.

So I tried wioth MythTV, and hurrah! Indeed the image is pretty good,
plus now the audio is coming out of the composite,

I was really scared for a minute because when I went to the guide, the
image was translucid and the whole system hanged, I had to reset
manually. But I think this is a "known" issue.

Now that everything is working I just have to upgrade to 0.14 :-)

Emmanuel.