[mythtv-users] converting nuv files to vob?

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Sat Feb 7 11:43:20 EST 2004

Quoting Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net>:

> > I've been very successful getting my WinTV-250 up and running mythtv but
> > must confess that I'm such a video-newbie that I'm failing miserably in
> the
> > final step in my "ultimate" quest.   I have not been able to burn a show
> > captured by mythtv to DVD.
>
> If you have a pvr type card, please don't call the files "nuv".  The
> only "nuv" about them is the file extension.  Transcode does NOT work
> with mythtv nuv files (unfortunate, since it'd make things much easier
> for nuvexport if it did).
More specifically, the PVR-250 files are (mostly) standard MPEG-2 program streams.

As long as you specified a DVD-compliant recording profile (For NTSC, these are
720x480, 352x480, and 352x240 at 8 Mbits/sec or less, VBR allowed, it seems that
audio must be 48 KHz 384 kbps), all you need to do is remultiplex the stream and
feed it to dvdauthor.  Scripts for that have been posted 2-3 times in the past 2
weeks or so, check the archives.

(Hmm, maybe this should be put in the FAQ???)