[mythtv-users] No Sound with PVR350

Michael Starks mythtv at michaelstarks.com
Sat Feb 7 12:41:03 EST 2004

Timo Boettcher wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I have just installed mythtv and got most of it running.
>   One of the problems I still have is that I have no sound when
>   watching or recording TV. However, when I use mythmusic or play a
>   vcd or dvd, I have sound. Even when I don't start mythfrontend and
>   do
>      test_ioctl -u 0xff                    #PAL
>      test_ioctl -p 4                       #TUNER
>      test_ioctl -f width=720,height=576    #PAL Resolution
>      ptune.pl -f europe-pal E3             #Channel
>      cat /dev/video0 > /somwhere/test.mpeg
>   the saved video contains audio. When I then start mythbackend, the
>   cannel switches to myths default channel (how can I change that
>   default?), I still can see video, but there is no audio anymore.
>   What did I do wrong?

Are you getting sound from MythMusic from the sound card?  If so, take
the RCA audio output of the 350 and patch it into the audio in of your
sound card.  If you don't have the appropriate cable right now, you can
test this theory by taking the audio out of the 350 and feeding it into
the amp/speakers you're using when you get sound from MythMusic.