[mythtv-users] Duplicate episodes being recorded - but shouldn't

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Feb 7 13:32:03 EST 2004

> I've noticed that my Myth has not been correctly identifying duplicate
> episodes.  I can't tell if it's everything or just the two I noticed,

<snip>

> I'm still running CVS from first part of January.

I just applied a patch a couple days ago that reworked part of the
Duplicate detection code, so you might want to update to current CVS and
give that a shot.  The patch was by Joel Feenstra and allows you to
specify what fields to check to determine if a show is a duplicate or not.
I also enhanced it a little and added the ability to match on blank fields
(subtitle and/or description) as well where the previous code would assume
anything blank was unique.  The new duplicate check methods are set on
a per recording-schedule basis, so one show can have one duplicate
detection method while a 2nd show has another.

--

Chris