[mythtv-users] pcHDTV and NTSC

Jerry Rubinow jerryr at universal-imaging.com
Sat Feb 7 13:56:24 EST 2004

I've been trying to read up on the current status of Myth's ability to handle HDTV and NTSC on the same system.

Scenario 1 - if I have a pcHDTV card and a 350 in the same computer, I can schedule both NTSC and HDTV recordings, either at different times or even the same time.  This should be no problem, right?

Scenario 2 - suppose I just have a pcHDTV card.  Is it currently possible to record both NTSC and HDTV off the one card?  Note: not at the same time.  For example, record one show off an HDTV station at one time, and an hour later, record another show off an NTSC station.

Scenario 3 - recording NTSC and HDTV off a pcHDTV card at the same time.  As far as I know, this is currently not possible.

Please tell me if my conclusions above are correct, and if #2 or #3 are not currently possible, if they are being worked on.

-Jerry