[mythtv-users] Re: Photos of myth boxes

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sat Feb 7 14:04:58 EST 2004

On Feb 4, 2004, at 11:35 PM, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:

> On Feb 4, 2004, at 12:35, Steve Frank wrote:
>
>> The 2117 is the 2116 with an additional base IR transmitter that can
>> be
>> controlled via RF on the remote. The Remote is essentially the same,
>> but
>> with the additional piece that you can use without line of site.  I
>> use
>> one in my kitchen to pause now, where my TV is around the corner and
>> the
>> IR just doesn't quite make it.
>>
>> The 2117 is discontinued, I bought the last one at my local RS.  Cost
>> was the same as the 2116, $30.
>
> Ah, thank you for the clarification. Note that I saw a 2116 with the
> base at RS when I stopped in tonight, for anyone that wants that
> additional doodad... (At least, I presume its the same thing -- it has
> an antenna like its ready for some RF input, and mentions home
> automation on the packaging).

Took a closer look at the remote I saw with the base station. It
actually was the 2117. I went ahead and got it (I exchanged the
Kameleon I previously got for it). No clue what I'll do with the RF box
yet, but for the same price as the remote alone, I figured I might as
well get it.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...