[mythtv-users] Prebuffer pause weirdness

Paul Woodward paul_woodward at fastnet.co.uk
Sat Feb 7 19:08:55 EST 2004

Dear all,

I'm using an AverTV DVB card under Mandrake with the vanilla 2.6.3-rc1
kernel and latest CVS dvb-kernel compiled in. Mythtv = 0.14, HD has DMA
on and acoustic reduction off.

When I initially tune to a channel in mythfrontend I get perfect
reception, no pauses, just perfect. If I change channel then I get
continuous prebuffer pauses (every second roughly). If I exit live TV
and go back again (so directly to the channel that was pausing) then
it's perfect again. This doesn't happen with my Nova-T cards (which I
taken out) for this test.

Any ideas anyone? Do I need to increase the delay when changing channels
for this card or is it the act of releasing it before retuning?

Thanks, Paul