[mythtv-users] Guess its time to go buy a TIVO to hear soem Audio.

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sun Feb 8 12:24:31 EST 2004

Bruce wrote:

>Wow. A Reply. Amazing Grace!!! It is not whining, It is called making a
>headline to get reply's. I got more replies than I did asking normal audio
>questions.  3 smart-Axx replies are better than 0 replies.

Yeah but just imagine the number of people who said "What a whiner" and
created a mail rule to route your mail to their junk folder from now on...

>I asked the question about 2 audio cards and was told that it is not a
>problem, but when a user has problems based on other users suggestion,
>no-one seems to be around.

Perhaps because people don't feel like holding everyone else's hand.  Or
maybe because you issue had been covered before and a little searching
would dig it up for you.  Or maybe because they just didn't feel like it.

>What myth needs is a FORUM period. This email thing is ok for a small number
>of questions, but not for the amount of email generated from this.

No it doesn't.  It needs people who can use the tools provided to them
(i.e. searchable mailing list archives and google ) to get their
questions answered.  If your mail client can't present this list to you
in a useful fashion (hint: threaded) then it's time to explore a new
mail client.

>And where do you see a threat to the board? Are you losing money or getting
>hurt if I go buy a Tivo? Get Real.

That was kind of my point to you.  We collectively don't CARE if you get
a Tivo.  So you coming to the list saying "if you don't help me I'm
going to get a Tivo" doesn't matter at all.

Try reading this: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
before posting