[mythtv-users] Myth 0.14 - Version 1.0??

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sun Feb 8 19:10:16 EST 2004

malcolm-mythtv wrote:

>On Sunday 08 February 2004 04:28 pm, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
>

>>Well, yeah it will but only because of the driver.  I use a PVR250 for
>>recording and a Geforce4 for my TV out.  A one hour show recorded at
>>720x480 eats up about 900M for me, once I've marked my cutpoints and
>>transcoded to MPEG4.  I could probably get that lower but I've not tried
>>to tune my bit rates yet.
>>

>Any links or model numbers for the Geforce4 card you are referring to?  I'd
>like to pick one up and compair features, stability, and video quality to my
>350 if they are not to expensive.  Sounds like it might be the way to go for
>stable setup.  Though I imagine once the ivtv driver matures some more my 350
>setup should be pretty stable too.

The one in my prototype was a PNY Geforce 4 Ti 4600.  In my new machine
it's the Geforce4 MX that's built into the 7NIF2 motherboard from
Chaintech. The new machine seems to have some issues with tearing when
using overscan and the fullscreen mode used by MythGame doesn't work
(The graphics wrap around the sides) though I can use xmame from the
command line fullscreen without issue so it's solvable.