[mythtv-users] CompUSA has Hauppauge PVR-250 cards at $99 at themoment!

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 8 23:00:25 EST 2004

>From: "Graham Wheeler" <gram at bradygirl.com>
>To: <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>Subject: [mythtv-users] CompUSA has Hauppauge PVR-250 cards at $99 at
>themoment!
>Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 13:49:14 -0800
>
>Saw this on Techbargains:
>

>http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?
><http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?&ref=cj&pfp=cj&product_cod
>e=310591> &ref=cj&pfp=cj&product_code=310591

I saw this in the CompUSA flyer in my Sunday newspaper.  A word of
caution: I was at my local CompUSA on Saturday and noticed that the
PVR-250s on the shelf are now in a new box (the picture in the ad
shows the old box).  Given that recent PVR-350s have been reported
to have a new, incompatible tuner this may not be a good sign.
Perhaps if someone buys one of these PVR-250s from CompUSA in
the near future they might post a report as to the compatibility of the
tuner.

Just a thought...

-- Harry O.