[mythtv-users] EPIA M10000 or other frontend suggestions?

Simon at the Threshold dweller at the-threshold.org
Mon Feb 9 03:46:44 EST 2004

Lo Chaps,

I know this question has been asked before and I have looked through the
archives but I'd still like to ask it again for my own sanity reasons.

I've been playing with a single box (my office/study machine) which a
couple of nova-t DVB-T cards on a Athlon XP2400+ machine with lots of
disk space and memory.

This machine currently runs both the mythtv backand and frontend and I
have a svideo cable running to the living room TV and control the
application using a ATI wireless wonder remote.

What I'd like todo is to stick a box in the upstairs bedroom and have
run the the frontend.  My plan is to use wireless (54mbits min) to
network the house.

Quality is foremost in my mind when I ask what suggestions on hardware,
I'm quite taken by the EPIA M10000 motherboard but I've no idea what the
video/audio quality is like on this with mythtv?

Can anyone give me some words of wisdom or advice?, forinstance what is
the video and audio quality like on a mythtv xbox used as a frontend?

Regards
Smion

--
The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax.
		-- Albert Einstein