[mythtv-users] How stable is your myth setup?

Paul Woodward paul_woodward at fastnet.co.uk
Mon Feb 9 07:27:43 EST 2004

I'm running a purely DVB setup and I'm having regular issues with instability. There seem to be three main causes of backend death:

1. Poor signal quality - I have a shared aerial and sometimes the BER creeps up, the backend often dies with a simple 'killed' message.

2. Moving around within a live TV stream (a lot).

3. Changing channels with PIP enabled (sometimes).

I'll see if I can trap these with GDB and post traces.

Paul