[mythtv-users] Myth 0.14 - Version 1.0??

papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Mon Feb 9 11:00:07 EST 2004

> I guess I should have been clearer... The ACCELERATED DRIVERS don't
> support interlaced output.  I figured it went without saying that 1) X
> supports interlaced output and 2) Many video card chipsets support
> interlaced output.

	Since not all video cards are NVIDIA (something which they're trying
hard to remedy), I don't know that I'd accept that statement either.  What is
true is that the *NVidia binary drivers* do not support interlaced output.  A
number of other card/driver combinations do.  Also remember that "accelerated"
means different things.  Strictly speaking, the 'nv' open-source driver is
"accelerated" since it doesn't require the CPU to individually put each byte
into the card's memory.  It's not as fast as the 'nvidia' binary driver, nor
does it support GL, etc, but it's still accelerated.

Cheers,
-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux:  					*
* 	- learn what you don't know, 					*