[mythtv-users] Myth 0.14 - Version 1.0??

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Mon Feb 9 11:39:30 EST 2004

Quoting papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu:

> > I guess I should have been clearer... The ACCELERATED DRIVERS don't
> > support interlaced output.  I figured it went without saying that 1) X
> > supports interlaced output and 2) Many video card chipsets support
> > interlaced output.
>
> 	Since not all video cards are NVIDIA (something which they're trying
> hard to remedy), I don't know that I'd accept that statement either.  What is
>
> true is that the *NVidia binary drivers* do not support interlaced output.  A
>
> number of other card/driver combinations do.  Also remember that
> "accelerated"
> means different things.  Strictly speaking, the 'nv' open-source driver is
> "accelerated" since it doesn't require the CPU to individually put each byte
>
> into the card's memory.  It's not as fast as the 'nvidia' binary driver, nor
>
> does it support GL, etc, but it's still accelerated.
Does it have at least rudimentary Xvideo support?  (hardware scaling of YUV
surfaces?)

If you don't play games, then rudimentary Xv support is about all you need.

I recall seeing somewhere that the Xbox Linux distributions had Xvideo support,
which implies that it exists in the open-source versions.  (Since the binary
drivers don't support the Xbox NV chip.)