[mythtv-users] Offline listing updates

Janek Hellqvist janek at slaytanic.com
Mon Feb 9 11:43:03 EST 2004

Donour Sizemore <donour at uchicago.edu> wrote:
> backend? Should
> I just store the contents of tv_grab_HERE to a file and try to feed
> that to mythfilldatabase?
> Should I install mysql on my laptop, write a script to update the
> listings when i'm online,
> then sync with the backend's sql database?

That's more or less what I do...
I have a PHP script that parses the stored datafiles of a (non-XMLTV) TV
grabber and generates XMLTV-formatted output. A cron job on my MythTV
machine downloads that file to disk, and another cron job (5 minutes later)
runs "mythfilldatabase --manual 1 -1 file.xml".

In your case, you could download the XML data to a floppy on a different
machine (perhaps twice a week), and then put it into the Myth box and import
the XML data with mythfilldatabase --manual.

--
 |   Janek Hellqvist   |
 | janek at hellqvist.com |