[mythtv-users] Reproduceable frontend freeze? (was Re: How stable is your myth setup?)

Eloy A. Paris peloy at chapus.net
Mon Feb 9 12:00:45 EST 2004

Tony Maro <tony at maro.net> writes:

> I've gone two weeks without killing it recently.  The last time I had
> to kill it was related to using fastforward (not skip).  It froze.  I
> unmapped the FFWD, RWD buttons in Lirc to disable use of that and
> haven't had a problem since.

I was bitten by a similar problem last night and I wanted to ask others
if they are able to reproduce this since if it affects everybody it is
definitely a bug that needs to be fixed:

My frontend freezes when I perform the following three steps:

1) Start watching a recorded show.
2) Press the '<' key to start fast rewinding (I guess fast forward also
causes the problem.)
3) While the frontend is fast rewinding, press the 'P' key.

After this, at least in my case, the frontend freezes and I need to kill
it from a console and start it again.

keys.txt mentions that to leave fast forward/rewind mode one needs to
press the space key. The return key also works for me. I pressed the 'P'
key by accident, but I don't think it should have frozen the frontend.

Can others reproduce this?

Thanks!

Eloy.-