[mythtv-users] Myth 0.14 - Version 1.0??

Donour Sizemore donour at uchicago.edu
Mon Feb 9 12:12:32 EST 2004

On Feb 9, 2004, at 10:46 AM, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:

> papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu wrote:
>
>>> I guess I should have been clearer... The ACCELERATED DRIVERS don't
>>> support interlaced output.  I figured it went without saying that 1)
>>> X supports interlaced output and 2) Many video card chipsets support
>>> interlaced output.
>>>

>> 	Since not all video cards are NVIDIA (something which they're trying
>> hard to remedy), I don't know that I'd accept that statement either.
>> What is true is that the *NVidia binary drivers* do not support
>> interlaced output.  A number of other card/driver combinations do.
>> Also remember that "accelerated" means different things.  Strictly
>> speaking, the 'nv' open-source driver is "accelerated" since it
>> doesn't require the CPU to individually put each byte into the card's
>> memory.  It's not as fast as the 'nvidia' binary driver, nor does it
>> support GL, etc, but it's still accelerated.
>>

> Oh for crying out loud you're making a religious issue out of a simple
> statement.  If there is a card with video drivers that support all
> features of the card, and interlaced TV out then name it.  After
> searching the web for weeks, the ONLY card that I've seen that has
> drivers available for all it's features PLUS interlaced TV out the the
> Matrox G400, which is no longer available except as a bargain bin or
> closeout item.

LOTS of cards do. name a price range. The matrox 400 line is still
available.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-106
-139&catalog=48&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=0

It has very good 2d performance and image quality.

|Donour Sizemore                 donour at uchicago.edu|
|Technical Programmer      &     Numerical Analyst  |
|Economic Research Center        Ph: 773-834-4399   |
|University of Chicago           Office: SS-521     |