[mythtv-users] nfs storage?

Jayson Garrell kyi at kyi.sytes.net
Mon Feb 9 13:19:44 EST 2004

I am having a problem with file size limits and would like some ideas,
on how to get around it.

I recently pooled all of my storage space into one server and want to
run my epia board with it's /mnt/store as a nfs volume.  It's running a
pvr250 and this is where the problems comes into play. NFS seems to have
a 2G file size limit, so while recording on the remote backend the file
reaches 2G in size the backend just dies.

Does any one know of a way around the 2G nfs file size limit or another
soultion for remote storage. I don't want to put a drive into the epia
board, since I have it booting from the network.

Jayson Garrell