[mythtv-users] Xbox support?

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Mon Feb 9 18:57:40 EST 2004

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Aaron Stewart wrote:
> I immediately hit a wall with newer xbox hardware involving the FS454
> tv-out encoder chipset.. I think they've fixed the problem with v1.0.0
> of xebian, but I've slated it for later this week to test out and see
> what happens.

Interesting. I'd appreciate it if you let me know what happens.

> What I could tell is that the remote that ships with the xbox dvd player
> package (comes as a whole bundle with the xbox itself at Costco) works
> fairly well, and it seems to just translate directly across to keyboard
> commands (even better!) without any need for lirc.  Mileage may vary,
> however.

Neat! I may have to try that, if I can find a reasoanble price on the
package. Otherwise, USB XP MCE dongle it is.  :)

> Cheers and let me know if you have any success,

I'll probably wait until the price drops - I'm still playing around with
MythTV enough that I can probably wait 3-4 months to set up some
additional front ends. Well, at the very least, I'll only pick up one to
play with before then.

Thanks for the response!