[mythtv-users] MythGame/XMame (most MythGame) Joystick Problem...

Lance Tost ltost at pobox.com
Mon Feb 9 21:39:18 EST 2004

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Albert Santoni wrote:
> command line, but if I launch XMame through MythGame, my joystick stops
> working.
> I've tried enabling the joystick (i386 and the new i386 one) in
> MythGame, but it made no difference. I also tried adding the command
> line switches manually in the options in MythGame, but it also made no
> difference.

Did you put your options in ~/.xmame/xmamerc of the user that you run
mythfrontend as?  Mine as the following two joystick-related lines in it:

jdev /dev/js0
joytype 7

Oh, and the other thing is to make sure the user running mythfrontend can
read and write to /dev/input/js0.  You may need to mess with the files in
/etc/security/ for this.

--
Lance Tost <ltost at pobox.com>